What Color Trends for a Chic Kitchen: 40 Stunning Paint Colors and Furniture Ideas
According to psychologists, our favorite color can reveal many aspects of our personality. Quite often, it is preferred by choosing the outfits and decorations of the house without even realizing it. But is it really so “universal” and can it be applied everywhere? In the present article, we will try to give the answer to the question: What color for a chic kitchen and what complementary accents according to our favorite color palette?
Table of Contents
- 1 What color for a chic kitchen – ideas of the hot spectrum
- 2 What color for a riquiqui kitchen, but charming?
- 3 What is the right color choice for the walls of a red kitchen?
- 4 Related Posts:
- 5 And the walls? What color for a kitchen in orange and dark wood?
- 6 Salmon, coral and other complementary pink tones for a white kitchen
- 7 “Girly” kitchen with cabinets in coral pink, white paint and stainless steel elements
- 8 What color for a white kitchen- good complementary accents
- 9 Yellow accents revive kitchens in white, pearl gray and taupe
- 10 What color for a white kitchen of modern design?
- 11 Beautiful accents in turquoise or green water in the chic white kitchen
- 12 And what color for a fun kitchen, full of brilliance?
- 13 High stools in disoriented colors as cheerful accent in the white kitchen
- 14 What color for a chic and original cuisine at a time?
- 15 Walls decorated with floral motifs on a blue background and emerald island in the chic kitchen
- 16 What color for a chic country kitchen or Provencal style?
- 17 Ultra-modern spaces are often graphic and sparsely decorated
- 18 Black kitchens look exclusive no matter what the furniture style
- 19 What color for a neutral and aesthetic kitchen? Marry the green and the white!
- 20 Kitchen in anise and almond with tiled backsplash and lime green chairs
- 21 What color for an elegant and impressive kitchen?
- 22 Vichy ceiling, olive green central island and decorative plates on the wall
- 23 Color keys at strategic locations are essential to success
- 24 What color for a Moroccan cuisine, oriental or with exotic touches?
- 25 What color for a kitchen if I love fresh shades?
- 26 Kitchen in white and blue for sensitive people and idealists
- 27 What color for a kitchen to create a strong visual interest?
- 28 Avoid banalities, bet on distinctive tones and trust your intuition
- 29 Wall painting and furnishing: what color for a white kitchen?
- 30 The good complements: what color for a purple, lilac or lavender kitchen?
- 31 Lavender cabinets, white counters and built-in appliances in stainless steel
- 32 Some proposals in gray full of charm and sophistication
- 33 What additions and what color for a gray kitchen?
- 34 Bar stools and metal suspensions in the gray kitchen super chic
- 35 Super stylish kitchen almost entirely dominated by white
- 36 What color for a chic kitchen, furnished and decorated in the country?
- 37 Turquoise, white and red for a 1950s vintage American bistro-style kitchen
Many outgoing people prefer red and other shades of the hot spectrum. The first group of ideas in pictures is devoted exactly to these passionate and energetic people. In short: what color for an elegant kitchen if I like red and warm tones?
The bright red furniture, combined with white walls, is a great idea, especially when talking about the layout of the small kitchen. Do not worry about adding dark accents, provided that white is more generously used than black.
The owners of major kitchens are lucky to be able to choose from almost any color of the palette. On this subject, graphite, anthracite and even deep black are not irrelevant in the big red kitchen.
Speaking of the mural, what color for a kitchen in orange and dark wood? As these are 2 rather large tones in itself, it would be appropriate to opt for a pure white background or another clear and neutral option.
Salmon, coral and other complementary pink tones for a white kitchen
The same goes for the other similar shades of the hot spectrum, influenced by the red. Lovers of pink tones such as coral, salmon, “onion peel” color etc. can quietly marry them with white.
Do not overdo it to avoid stifling the space and prefer matte or slightly satin finishes instead of bright ones. Add wood accents to warm up the decor or stainless steel elements to make it less “girly”.
Despite the brightness that yellow brings with it, this bright fresh color can sometimes cause negative associations, especially if it is used too abundantly or counterbalanced by other tones.
Lovers of yellow can therefore use it quietly as a decorative accent. It perfectly revives kitchens in white, pearl gray or taupe, in danger of being too sterile or boring.
What color for a white kitchen of modern design?
If however you have already decided to opt for yellow kitchen furniture, consider all possible variants. Saffron, ocher, wheat and goose poach, among others, are less “aggressive” than pure classic yellow.
Naturally, the shades of yellow are not the only ones that can be used as accent colors. Turquoise, teal, green water, olive, sage green, among many others, are just great in the white kitchen.
If you’re wondering what color for a playful kitchen, you’re not asking the right question. In fact, an amazing marriage of surprising colors is the perfect way to accomplish such a space.
This approach is 100% winning when furniture or coverings are mostly white. For example, chairs in mismatched colors are a gorgeous trend that will not go out of fashion in the near future.
From time to time, it is not only a question of colors, but also of textures and combinations of finishes. That is to say, a tiled backsplash would not have the same appearance as a glass, even if their color is exactly the same.
In addition, a wallpaper or floral mosaic in blue does not have the same effect as a blue painted panel or other similar covering. Success is about balancing textures, between tones and non-colors, and so on.
In this context, what color for a chic country kitchen or Provencal style? Painting in neutral or pastel tones is a good choice, but what is more important is the aged effect of furniture painting and the abundance of wood elements.
Ultra-modern spaces are often graphic and sparsely decorated
If Provencal cuisine is rich and colors and textures varied, that of modern design is diametrically opposed. And if the answer to the question “What color for a country kitchen?” Is “Any! Here the correct answer is “None”.
If you choose the lack of additional colors, your kitchen will inevitably look modern and luxurious, even exclusive, even if the style of the furniture and appliances is rather classic.
Passionate about green and nature-inspired tones will appreciate the category of ideas to follow. Green is a color neither warm nor fresh, the kitchens in this color are sometimes sober, sometimes catchy, but always unforgettable!
Here is a contemporary kitchen that can serve as a model of the green shade to use in decoration! With its anise and almond cabinets combined with white surfaces and a set of tiled backsplash and lime green chairs it catches all eyes on you!
The green shades that are closer to those normally seen in nature are the most suitable for sober and chic designs. For example, sage, celadon green, lichen and linden are just some of the good options.
Vichy ceiling, olive green central island and decorative plates on the wall
And sometimes, the question is not what color for an aesthetic kitchen, but where to put the shade of accent. Here, the vichy ceiling, the central island in olive green, as well as the decorative plates on the wall, are well thought out accents not to be underestimated!
The right touches of color in strategic places are therefore essential to successful design of our kitchen. Even the combination of fresh shades and warm colors is not forbidden!
Just take a look at the space above to realize that the marriage of turquoise and red is more than winning by achieving an exotic decor. By the way, filigree suspensions are the exquisite tip of the overall design.
Next, we will examine some impressive proposals illustrating the answers to the question “What color for a kitchen if I love fresh nuances?” From cold white to midnight blue, these ideas are admirable!
In general, people who love blue are considered responsible, empathic and sensitive. A kitchen decorated in this color looks fresh and light, but requires a little help to be complete.
For example, here is a white kitchen that creates a strong visual interest thanks to its central island in blue horizon. If the colors were reversed it may seem too oppressive, but as such, the balance is just perfect.
As a rule of thumb, avoid mundane colors and opt for a shade that you find distinctive, innovative and alluring. If you are worried that it is too dark, do not hesitate to combine it with a lot of white and metallic surfaces.
Even navy blue cabinets or midnight blue wall paint can be adapted, when the worktops are marble or the other furniture is white. The presence of enough natural light is another essential must.
In general, purple is a noble and very sophisticated color. However the kitchen completely dominated by this color may look a little old fashioned. What color for a purple kitchen so in order to modernize it? It does not matter, provided it is surprising, bold or really striking!
The lavender color is not quite typical when talking about kitchen cabinets, or wall painting. But if you have decided to enjoy it, marry her with the immaculate white to enhance her beauty and tenderness.
Since it lies somewhere between white and black, gray is said to be the (non) color of weighting, logic and compromise. However you should not compromise by choosing a gray kitchen!
But what complements in what color for a gray kitchen? Aside from the white, which is a pretty obvious universal choice, the good news is that you can use almost any shade of both the cold and hot spectrum.
In addition, textures in rough wood and weathered metal are also winning. Of course, your decision should be dictated mostly by the effect you want to create. It is almost pointless to mention that modernizing, warming up or visually enlarging do not require the same decorative approach.
If your kitchen is small, avoid anthracite and graphite, prefer pearl gray or go directly with white. In addition, opt for glazed cabinet doors, smooth metal surfaces and do not cover windows.
Finally, it is worth mentioning some ideas of colorful palettes according to the style you want to impose in the kitchen. As already mentioned, the country chic kitchen is less colorful than the modern or retro chic. A pastel color wedding, natural and white wood is always a good option.
On the other hand, a combination of bright turquoise, immaculate white and scarlet red is more than perfect for setting up a retro kitchen and especially a vintage American bistro spirit typical of the 50s of the previous century.