Modern Room Color Trends 2018 – 2019: Best Wall Paint Color Schemes
When choosing the best colors for rooms, one must take into account several aspects, for example furniture and textures already present, so that they can be combined in the best way. We show you some colors and combinations that will be used this 2018 to inspire you.
Many styles are being trend in recent years, as far as interior decoration is concerned, but many times we forget that simply what we want is a simple, cozy and that makes you really feel at home. That’s why we advise you not to complicate yourself too much.
Table of Contents
- 1 Modern Room Color Trends 2018
- 2 Colors for Neutral Rooms
- 3 Paint Color Combinations for Rooms
- 4 Colors for small rooms
- 5 The Best Colors for Minimalist Rooms
- 6 Colors for Rustic Rooms
Modern Room Color Trends 2018
Pantone has already presented what the colors will be for the year 2018. Eight color groups were announced: Vegetation, Ingenuity, Playfulness, Discretion, Complexity, Intensity, Inverosimil and Technique. We will show you some ideas on how to incorporate these color schemes in the rooms.
1) The first group of color, Vegetation, is made up of plant-inspired colors such as celery and foliage, as well as purple berries. This palette symbolizes health.
2) Add something whimsical to the room by incorporating the “playful” palette, with colors such as Minion yellow, lime green or blue. What better way to show these great colors than on a cushion with an abstract pattern, made by oneself?
3) Subtle but beautiful, Discretion, includes nostalgic tones such as berry, lilac and pink. The result is delicate and refined.
4) Technique, a color palette that is a nod to the increasing presence of technology in our lives. The palette is an explosion of fun and strong colors such as vibrant blue, green, fuchsia, purple, turquoise and hot pink. The trend also includes white and almond to compensate for these colors, which otherwise might seem overwhelming.
5) Inverosímil is a palette that reaches and embraces many different cultures. It combines pink colors, brown, wine and earth tones. They can be a great backdrop for a room.
6) Ingenuity, incorporates shades of two beautiful colors: orange and blue. These tones can give the room a subtle and tasteful color that will welcome guests from the moment they enter the room.
7) Complexity, as its name suggests, reflects the popularity of intricate designs. It includes several metallic ones, which some would say are the “new neutrals”, as well as the red and yellow sulfur.
8) The Intensity palette, proposes a mixture of plum, blue, bluish green, orange, lava, as well as gold and black. On the sofa or in some chairs can give a lot of life to the room.
Colors for Neutral Rooms
Neutral colors, such as grays, beiges, creams, are one of the main trends this year. When we speak of neutral colors, we refer to harmonious decorative colors, which allow the possibility of combining with any other color.
Gray room color
You can use grays in all their shades, from very pale in pastel tones, to dark gray slate.
The room is without a doubt, the most used space of the home, since there is carried out, much of the activity of the house, whether meetings, watching television or just hanging out. For that reason, it is good to achieve a cozy and attractive space, which can be achieved, using the gray color as the predominant color, adding some details in striking colors, for example, orange or red.
A rustic combination of light and worn woods, with soft and opaque grays, as well as a nude tone almost imperceptible. To remove the monotony, you can add cushions or blankets in magenta or salmon, which add a little energy.
This type of colors gives a lot of warmth to the rooms.
The grays with the yellows also go very well.
Beiges or nudes room paint colors
The color white, brown, beige, green and pastel blue, always look good in any environment. They are neutral base colors, easy to combine, little flashy that manage to adapt quickly to the classic materials of furniture, such as wood or metal.
This is another example of how the room is a whole and it is not a matter of choosing without criteria. The color dark cream, or crude, is neutral, but in this case, its contrast with several paintings of strong colors, get a stimulating room.
Observe this spectacular room, it seems to come from a dream. Who would have thought that a dark sand or earthy brown color would look so elegant? The combination with the white ceiling provides elegance, and the sofa, curtains and carpet, the exact combination.
This photo shows a typical luxury salon from the 30s-40s; style that is being seen again today. In this case, because of the furniture and shelves, you can barely see the white color on the ceiling; This color never disappoints.
One of the best options is to combine dark brown and white, with dark orange or burgundy red. This combination of colors, manages to give warmth, but at the same time does not obscure the room, maintaining its vitality and color.
If you are a lover of wood, another option is to apply light wood and other reddish, both for floors, furniture, ceilings or walls. This can also be complemented by coral tones, dark reds, or with subtle flashes of yellow, which add luminosity.
Paint Color Combinations for Rooms
Sometimes talking about colors in the decoration, is a bit lost in the ambiguity of the number of options that colors could offer, in addition to the quantity of tones that can be obtained, generating, that many do not achieve such fantastic results in the ambience of the home. That is why we will focus on some decorative combinations for the room that work very well.
Orange color schemes
If the white, the very soft and nude tones, predominate in the room, it can give subtle flashes of color, through floral patterns, with polka dots or stripes, with ranges ranging from red to orange. These color interventions would be convenient to make them into cushions, lampshades and centerpieces.
Roses and fuchsia room color combinations
A harmonious combination of soft roses, accompanied by a lot of natural flower, beige coffee tables made with wicker, and class furniture, with embossed patterns, looks fabulous.
Blue paint colors
Green room colors
In the photos that you will see below, there are combinations of different shades of green with earth tones, purple and the magnificent combination with pastel blue, complemented with nude, camel, persimmon, lots of wood and wicker.
Lilac and purple room paint colors
Yellow wall paint colors
There are colors that are used very often in interior decoration, because they are classic and easy to combine, and some are perfect because they do not require so much care. Some of those colors are brown, black, blue, and other dark tones that come in handy because they do not require constant cleaning.
One of those colors that illuminate the room, make it feel warmer because they are summer colors, and combine well within many decorative styles, is yellow. Ideal to decorate a yellow room with white, although we already know that yellow, also fuses well with other citrus colors such as orange or green.
In this case the fusion of yellow and white gives us a coquettish appearance, modern, relaxed, illuminated but also “ordered”, because that quality has yellow as the light colors that resemble it, give a feeling of neatness that likes.
Colors for small rooms
Use neutral colors for a small living room
One of the most popular resources is the use of neutral colors on walls, floors, ceilings and furniture upholstery. A palette of dull or beige targets will expand the space, pushing the walls away. Soft tones also tend to illuminate a room as they reflect light better. In addition to enlarging an area, a neutral palette imparts instant sophistication and creates a calm environment.
Touches of bright colors
Just because your living room is small does not mean you have to sacrifice the color. You can use bright and fresh colors to add interest to the space. Just make sure to limit the palette to two or three colors to achieve a revitalizing space, but not overwhelming.
Use of dark colors
Do not be afraid to use dark colors, even in a small space. Lighter colors could make the room feel larger, but deeper shades add drama and style. If you opt for a dark color in the paint, you can choose a semi-gloss or satin finish, which will reflect the light in the room. Leave the windows bare to keep the space light and airy.
The color scheme based on whites gives a soothing and organized look to a small living room. White is a great option to reflect light and add visual space.
Add a light carpet
The Best Colors for Minimalist Rooms
Play with neutral tones
Opting for a minimalist appearance does not mean you should only use black and white in an impersonal and almost sterile way. In fact, there is a very fine line between the charming minimalist interiors and the monotonous and boring ones. This is precisely the reason why we suggest that you induce a bit of flavor by playing with different neutral tones.
With touches of color
You can also add small touches of color to a minimalist room.
Colors for Rustic Rooms
The dull green looks very cozy when combined with antiques.
In rustic houses, blue can be used as a contrasting color of furniture.
It does not have to be bleak when contrasted with whites, earthy browns and other warm tones. Here, the walls are painted gray, achieving a rustic and sophisticated atmosphere.
Recent search terms:
- best colors for home 2019
- white paint 2018-2019
- parament colors 2018-2019
- paint trends 2019
- modern paint colours 2018
- modern interior paint schemes
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1830 5zKQRBPL_KZf30p_2GwJt75rmgAvLUgWCDnHXkmpbb0W-ZJ9Gp0XqgFV4NC4ZVKx d48ad3464aa7c12bd888f6f49777c46da9515768&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- hot colors for 2019 home decor
- combination of wall latest 2018
- 2019 color trends home