Most Popular Colors for Living Room – Great Ideas for Wall Paint Color Designs
The living room is usually the largest room in the apartment or the house. After all, there should be plenty of room there – for example, the favorite sofa, a large wall shelf system, TV cabinet, dresser, dining area and even possibly a kitchenette. The right color design plays a decisive role – the wall color ensures coziness and creates a visual connection between the individual areas. We give you great ideas for combining colors for living room – let it inspire you!
Table of Contents
- 1 Colors for living room – Select according to the room conditions
- 2 Colors for living room – Gray furniture in front of yellow wall
- 3 Combination of green and orange in the living room
- 4 Related Posts:
- 5 Colors for living room – add splashes of color to the furniture
- 5.1 Living room in pink and yellow
- 5.2 Red brick wall and pink accent wall
- 5.3 Orange nuances add splashes of color to the gray living room
- 5.4 Orange and blue in the living area of a family home
- 5.5 Living room anthracite gray
- 5.6 The light blue ceiling and blue doors make the room look spacious
- 5.7 Dark blue is not suitable for small living rooms
- 6 Azure accents in the living room – the wooden wall panels make it look comfortable
Colors for living room – Select according to the room conditions
- Room conditions – If the room is spacious the wall color may be dark / for example petrol blue / gray, chocolate brown / purple or claret / anthracite /. If the room is smaller or the living room has a sloping roof, you should opt for brighter colors / yellow, orange, pink /.
- Bright / dark living room – The lighting conditions in the room also play a major role. In rooms flooded with sunlight, such as rooms facing south or west, you can paint the wall in a dark accent color opposite the window. And on the contrary – the dark north facing living room will benefit from a bold wall paint like azure, yellow or orange.
It is not always possible to paint the walls in accent colors. Instead, many tenants opt for furniture in rich nuances . In this way, a cheerful and cozy atmosphere is created – and the best part is – even in a move you can achieve the same effect in the new apartment.
Combination of green and orange in the living room
Green and orange is a great color combination if you want to bring freshness to the room, reminiscent of spring. The minimalist living room also uses the colors in an interesting way. The wall was designed with a niche for built-in shelves and shelves, whereby this area is visually separated by an orange hue of the green wall paint. There are also Canapé and floor lamp in orange.
Bright colors in stripes wallpaper
Very attractive and stylish are stripe patterns. This not only applies to two-tone variants, but also if you combine several colors, including contrasting colors. The striped wall above consists of dark blue, light blue, brown and beige, which can also be found in the rest of the interior design.
The berry color has a special charm and on the one hand looks cozy and on the other hand elegant. In addition, not only can it be wonderfully combined with white, but also with any shade of gray or even with both color options. In this way, the living space was designed above. Gray is the middle wall, the pattern of the carpet, as well as the sofa, while berry for the armchairs and two other wall areas, which were also framed by white supports, serves as an accent color.
Of course, white can also be combined with any other color as it is neutral. How about a warm shade of orange? Accents were placed in this room on the chimney wall and with the help of decorations in this color.
Mintgreen is a fresh pastel that is very soft and relaxing. In combination with other blue tones such as turquoise, its cool aura is enhanced. With rosé and salmon you can set candy-colored accents. This color is often used as a wall paint and can be combined well with furniture made of light wood. A mint green sofa in the living room can be a real highlight.
The color pink has left behind the Barbie image long ago and is moving into the modern living room. Rosé, old rose, fuchsia – each of these nuances has a completely different effect and can be used differently in the room. You can either opt for a delicate tone as a wall paint or put pretty accents with an intense color like raspberry red.
This example shows how Barbie Pink can be used in an eclectic style of living. For the two adjacent walls, the designer has chosen very different design ideas. These stand in stark contrast, but with the help of the other decorations and home accessories, the style mix here hardly disturbs.
Cool and warm tones meet here. Gray and orange are eye-catching color combinations that are also great for the living room. The dark wood floor harmonizes with the warm radiance of the color orange and underlines the rough concrete surfaces.
The light-dark contrast plays an important role in the overall effect of the device. In the example above we see that light orange and dark wood understand each other very well. Here, however, brick red was chosen as wall paint. In combination with the light wood tone results in an attractive interaction.
Anthracite can be described as black with gray tone. It is not so deep black, but looks just as elegant and timeless. The subtle and restrained color blends harmoniously into any interior and creates the perfect backdrop for colorful home accessories.
Not only the walls can be given a completely new look by color. The ceiling can also be made more diverse than you think. In this case, the light blue painted ceiling contrasts with the chandelier, which is entirely white. The three murals with marine motifs convey a summery atmosphere.
Dark blue is not suitable for small living rooms
Navy blue as a wall color, together with wooden tones for peace and comfort. So that the living room does not look too dark, a large mirror is leaning against the wall. Thus, the white couch becomes a real highlight and immediately stands out.
Not only navy blue brings a summery flair to the living room. Turquoise is also a nice choice as a wall paint and reminds of the sea. You can also record the color theme “Sea and Sand”. Also add golden accents that represent the sun.